Search for physiologically active compounds
7-Amino-4-methyl-3-phenyl coumarin has been prepared from 4-acetamido-o-hydroxy acetophenone. The corresponding halogen substituted coumarins, which are prepared through diazotisation and Sandmeyer reactions, have been found to be highly toxic to fish.
KeywordsCoumarin Acetophenone Umbelliferones Phenyl Acetate Hydrobromic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Seshadri and VaradarajanProc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1952,35 A, 75.Google Scholar
- 2.Naito and othersJ. Pharm. Soc. Japan, 1951,71, 1343–45.Google Scholar
- 3.BargelliniChemical Abstracts, 1926,20, 595.Google Scholar
- 4.Seshadri and VaradarajanJ. Sci. Ind. Res., 1952,11 B, 48.Google Scholar
- 5.Marc Julia and MicheleBull. Soc. Chim. France, 1952, 639–42.Google Scholar
- 7.Simonis and WenzelBer., 1900,33, 421, 1961, 2326.Google Scholar
- 8.Peters and Simonisibid., 1908,41, 830.Google Scholar
- 9.SeidelJ. Prakt. Chem., 1899,59 (2), 122.Google Scholar