Vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal sporocarps associated withPennisetum pedicillatum
Sporocarps of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi occurring in the rhizosphere and roots ofPennisetum pedicillatum, growing in a red laterite soil were studied. The characteristic features of the sporocarps of each endophyte are described.
KeywordsPennisetum pedicillatum sporocarps Glomus spp. Sclerocystis spp.
- Gerdemann J W and Nicolson T H 1963 Spores of mycorrhizalEndogone species extracted from soil by wetsieving and decanting;Trans. Br. Mycol. Soc. 46 235–244Google Scholar
- Gerdemann J W and Trappe J M 1974 The Endogonaceae in the Pacific North-West;Mycol. Mem. 5 76Google Scholar
- Gerdemann J W and Bakshi B K 1976 Endogonaceae of India: Two new species;Trans. Br. Mycol. Soc. 66 340–343Google Scholar
- Hall I R and Abbott L K 1981Photographic slide collections illustrating features of the Endogonaceae Technical Report No. 14, New Zealand Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, pp. 1–22Google Scholar
- Hall I R 1983 Taxonomy of Vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi; inVA Mycorrhiza (eds) C L Powell and D J Bagyaraj (Florida: CRC Press) pp 58–92Google Scholar
- Hayman D S 1982 Practical aspects of Vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza; inAdvances in Agricultural Microbiology (ed) N S Subba Rao (Oxford: IBH Pub. Co.) pp 325–373Google Scholar
- Phillips J H and Hayman D S 1970 Improved procedures for clearing roots and staining parasitic and vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi for rapid assessment of infection;Trans. Br. Mycol. Soc. 55 158–161Google Scholar
- Singh K and Varma A K 1981 Endogonaceous spores associated with xerophytic plants in northern India;Trans. Br. Mycol. Soc. 77 655–658Google Scholar
- Trappe J M 1977 Three new Endogonaceae:Glomus constrictus, Sclerocystis clavispora andAcaulospora scorbiculata;Mycotaxon 2 359–366Google Scholar
- Trappe J M and Schenck N C 1982 Taxonomy of fungi forming endomycorrhizae; inMethods andPrinciples of mycorrhizal research (ed) N C Schenck (St. Paul: American Phytopathological Society) pp 1–6Google Scholar