Chemical investigation of Indian lichens
- 10 Downloads
A sample ofTeloschistes flavicans collected in summer 1955 was found to contain physcion and fallacinal in the proportion of 4∶1 and did not contain any appreciable amount of teloschistin. A pure sample of teloschistin has been obtained by the partial methylation of citreorosein using methyl sulphate and potassium carbonate and is found to melt at 243–44°. On oxidation with manganese dioxide it has yielded fallacinal.
KeywordsEmodin Potassium Carbonate Manganese Dioxide Concentrate Sulphuric Acid Anhydrous Potassium Carbonate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Seshadri and SubramanianProc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1949,30A, 67.Google Scholar
- 2.Neelakantanet al. Ibid.,, 1951,33A, 142.Google Scholar
- 3.—Ibid.,, 1956,44A, 42.Google Scholar
- 4.MurakamiPharm. Bull., Japan, 1956,4, 298.Google Scholar
- 5.Rajagopalan and SeshadriProc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1956,44A, 418.Google Scholar
- 6.Anslowet al. Biochem. J., 1940,34, 159.Google Scholar