Decay of Samarium-153
- 67 Downloads
Radiations emitted in the decay of Samarium-153 have been studied in the Siegbahn-Slätisbeta-ray spectrometer. Using the internal conversion electron spectrum and the photo-electron spectrum with tin as radiator, the internal conversion coefficienta k has been determined for 102 Kev. and 70 Kev.gamma-rays. The relative intensities of the threebeta-ray branches have been determined. A weakgamma-ray of energy 83 Kev. has been found and can be interpreted as a transition to the ground state from the first rotational level in Europium-153. The multipole order and character of the 102 Kev. transition is discussed.
KeywordsSamarium Internal Conversion Rotational Level Decay Scheme Auger Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Siegbahn, K.M. Siegbahn Commemorative Volume (Uppsala), 1951, 237–41.Google Scholar
- 3.Bannerman, R. C.Proc. Phys. Soc., London, 1952,65 A, 565.Google Scholar
- 5.Hill, J. M. and Shepherd, L. R.Proc. Phys. Soc., 1950,63 A, 126.Google Scholar
- 8.Graham, R. L. and Walker, J.Ibid.,, 1954,94, 794.Google Scholar
- 12.Sliv, L. A. and Listengarten, M. A.Z. Exp. Teor. Fys. (U.S.S.R.), 1952,22(1)Google Scholar
- 14.Nordling,et al. Nuc. Phys., 1956,1, 326.Google Scholar
- 15.Rose, M. E.,et al. O.R.N.L., 1951, 1023.Google Scholar