Studies on the exocrine pancreatic tissue of three teleosts
- 14 Downloads
1. Exocrine pancreas ofMystus gulio is diffused and is restricted to the anterior region.
2. It is also diffused inMegalops cyprinoides. The pyloric caeca are also found to be surrounded by the pancreas.
3. Both diffused and dispersed types are present inTilapia mossambica. The liver is actually a hepatopancreas.
4. InMystus gulio there are separate pancreatic ductules opening into the intestine along with the bile duct. InTilapia mossmbica the pancreatic ductules appear to open into the bile duct and the bile duct is in the nature of a hepatopancreatic duct. InMegalops cyprinoides there are indications of pancreatic ductules entering the intestine here and there.
KeywordsBile Duct Pancreatic Ductule Pancreatic Tissue Anterior Region Diffuse Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Argaud, R. and Gan, G. K... “Surl’ inclusion de miniscules pancreas accessories dans l’epinsseur meme de la paroi de la biliare chezAnguilla vulgaris Cuv.,”Bull. Mus. Hist. Nat. Paris, 1945,17, 466–70.Google Scholar
- Chesley, L. C... “The concentration of proteases, amylase and lipase in certain marine fishes,”Biol. Bull. Wood’s Hole, 1934,66, 135–44.Google Scholar
- Donaldson, M... “Histological studies of the pancreas and associated tissues of wild and experimentally fed young chinnook salmon,”Amer J. Physiol, 1942,138, 560–64.Google Scholar
- Ganguli, D. N. and Sarkar, S. P. “On the nature and occurrence of the pancreas in some Indian teleostean fishes,”Ind. Jour. Physiol. and Allied Sci., 1949,111 (3), 37–43.Google Scholar
- Kristal, J... “The exocrine pancreatic tissue of seven teleosts,”S. Afr. J. Med. Sci. (Biol. Suppl.), 1946,11, 79–86.Google Scholar
- Leguis, E. .. Quoted by Kristal (1946), 1873.Google Scholar
- McCormie, N. A... “The distribution and structure of islets of Langerhans in certain freshwater and marine teleosts,”Trans. roy. Soc. Cand., 1924,15, 57–82.Google Scholar
- Muthukkaruppan, V. R. ..Thesis for M.Sc., Annamalai University, 1960.Google Scholar
- Rennie, J... “On the occurrence of a principal islet in the pancreas of teleosts,”Jour. Anat. Lond., 1903,37, 375–78.Google Scholar
- Sarbahi, D. S... “The alimentary canal ofLabeo rohita (Ham.),”Jour. roy. Ascatie Soc. Beng., 1939,5, 107–13.Google Scholar
- Seshadri, B... “Studies on the distribution of the exocrine pancreas ofOphiocephalus striatus Block andMugil speigleri (Blkr.),”J. Zool. Soc. India, 1961,13 (1) 90–97.Google Scholar
- Weber, E. H. .. Quoted by Kristal (1946), 1827.Google Scholar