Rôle of blue-green algae and different methods of partial soil sterilization on rice yield
- 10 Downloads
Results of experiments during three consecutive seasons on the rôle of blue-green algae in combination with partial soil sterilization and chemical nutrients indicate high responses to algae inoculation and a fertility build-up of the soil. It is also seen that blue-green algae tend to produce better response in soils which are poor.
KeywordsAmmonium Sulphate Rice Yield Crop Season Sodium Molybdate Consecutive Season
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Relwani, L. L. and Subrahmanyan, R. “Rôle of blue-green algae, chemical nutrients and soil sterilization on paddy yield,”Curr. Sci., 1963,32, 441–43.Google Scholar
- -- and Manna, G. B. .. “Effect of blue-green algae in combination with urea on rice yield,”Ibid. (In press).Google Scholar
- Subrahmanyan, R.,et al... “Observations on the rôle of blue-green algae on rice yield compared with that of conventional fertilizers,” Ibid., 1964a,33, 485–86.Google Scholar
- ----- .. “Nitrogen enrichment of rice soils by blue-green algae,”Symp. Soil Fertility, Natl. Acad. Sci., India, Allahabad, 1964b. (In press).Google Scholar
- —— and Sahay, M. N... “Observations on nitrogen fixation by some blue-green algae and remarks on its potentialities in rice culture,”Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1964,60 B 145–154.Google Scholar