Photo-function of transplanted rice
- 18 Downloads
The account deals with the effect of photo-function (a term to indicate the variable sensitivity to photoperiod of a shoot during growth) of transplanted rice. VarietiesTKM. 6 andADT. 20 were used as test crops. Post-planting photo-function is controlled by age of seedling. Post-planting effect is varietal and continuous on the life of the plant. The sub-optimal sensitivity of the plant to light increases with the age of the seedling and suppresses growth and development of the early shoots remarkably. It is recommended that by choosing the age of the seedling for planting, the plant can be adapted to a dull or bright weather ahead and younger the seedling, better the response to day length.
KeywordsFlowering Duration Normal Trend Partial Regression Coefficient Agricultural Research Station Suboptimal Temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Best, R... “Photoperiodism in rice,”Field Crop Abs., 1959,12, 85–93.Google Scholar
- Iso, E. .. “Rice and crops in its rotation in subtropical zones,”Japan F.A.O. Assoc., Tokyo, 1954.Google Scholar
- Misra, G... “Photoperiodism in rice. V. Response of two early winter varieties to short photoperiods given after transplantation,”J. Ind. bot. Soc., 1955,34, 53–66.Google Scholar
- Oka, H... “Photoperiodic adaptation to latitude in rice varieties,”Pyton, 1958,11 (2), 153–60.Google Scholar
- Ramiah, K. .. “Annual report of the Paddy Breeding Station, Coimbatore,”Madras Agric. Stn. Reports for 1931–32, 1932, 364–82.Google Scholar
- —————.. “Rice in Madras—A Popular Hand-book,” Government Press, Madras, 1937.Google Scholar
- Sircar, S. M... “Physiology of the rice plant,”Proc. 50th Indian Sci. Congress, 1963,2, 1–20.Google Scholar
- Venkataraman, K. .. “Annual report of the Agricultural Research Station, Maruter,”Madras Agric. Stn. Reports for 1937–38, 1938, 584–621.Google Scholar
- Venkataraman, R... “Studies on thermophotosensitivity of the paddy plant under field conditions,”Proc. Indian Acad. Sci., 1964a,59 B. (3), 117–36.Google Scholar
- ----- .. “Developmental studies on multitransplanted paddy,”Proc. 4th Annual Session of Acad. Agric. Sci. Coimbatore, 1964b.Google Scholar