Spore-forms in sporophores ofGanoderma lucidum (Leyss.) Karst
- 58 Downloads
1. In this paper information regarding the various spore-forms ofGanoderma lucidum has been presented.
2. It has been found that besides the normal basidiospores, two other spore types also occur in the fructifications of the fungus collected from Nature or produced in artificial culture. These are ‘secondary spores’ and ‘gasterospores’.
3. Characteristic features of all the spore types have been fully described and their modes of origin noted.
4. All the three types of spores are more or less identical to each other in appearance. But the secondary spores have endospores less verrucose than the endospores of the other two types, whereas the gasterospores are characterised by two opposite notches in their exospores.
KeywordsSpore Type Tramal Artificial Culture GANODERMA LUCIDUM Ganoderma Applanatum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Banerjee, S. N... “Thelephoraceæ of Bengal—I,”Indian J. bot. Soc., 1935,14, 13–48.Google Scholar
- 2.Banerjee, B. N. and Sarkar, A. “Formation of sporophores ofGanoderma lucidum (Leyss.) Karnst. andGanoderma applanatum (Pers.) Pat in culture,”Indian J. mycol. Res., 1956,2 (1 and 2), 80–82.Google Scholar
- 4.—————.. “Further notes onGanoderma lucidum,” Ibid., 1935,27 (1), 88.Google Scholar
- 5.Buller, A. H. R...Researches on Fungi, Longman’s Green and Company, London, 1933,5.Google Scholar
- 6.Pilat, A. ..Atlas des Champignos de L’Europe Polyporacæ, 1936, Part I, Tome III, 1–624.Google Scholar