Steady laminar flow with suction or injection and heat transfer through porous pipe
- 34 Downloads
Following the method due to Bhatnagar (P. L.) [Jour. Ind. Inst. Sic., 1968, 1, 50, 1], we have discussed in this paper the problem of suction and injection and that of heat transfer for a viscous, incompressible fluid through a porous pipe of uniform circular cross-section, the wall of the pipe being maintained at constant temperature. The method utilises some important properties of differential equations and some transformations that enable the solution of the two-point boundary value and eigenvalue problems without using trial and error method. In fact, each integration provides us with a solution for a suction parameter and a Reynolds number without imposing the conditions of smallness on them. Investigations on non-Newtonian fluids and on other bounding geometries will be published elsewhere.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Reynolds Number pUO2 Eckert Number Cross Flow Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bhatnagar, P. L...Jour. Ind. Inst. Sci., 1968,1, 50.Google Scholar
- 2.Tikekar, V. G. .. Under print inJour. Ind. Inst. Sci. Google Scholar
- 3.Verma, P. D. and Bansal, J. L.Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1966,64 A, 385.Google Scholar
- 4.Bansal, J. L...Proc. Nat. Inst. Sci., 1966,32 A, 368.Google Scholar
- 5.Pai, S. I. ..Viscous Flow Theory. I.Laminar Flow, 1956, p. 57.Google Scholar