Infrared absorption spectra of some lanthanide acetylacetonate complexes
- 95 Downloads
The infrared absorption spectra of 12 lanthanide acetylacetonate complexes were measured in the region 400–2000 cm−1 and discussed. Assignments of the bands especially those due to metal-oxygen (M—O), C=O and C=C stretching vibration is given. It is found that the band at 530 ± 5 cm−1 is due mainly to Ln—O stretching vibration. In the carbonyl region, it is confirmed that the band at lower frequency is a C=C stretching vibration while that at higher frequency is due to C=O stretching vibration. Integral intensities for the M—O, C=O and C=C stretching vibrations were calculated in KB1 and CHCl3 solutions. The variation of the intensities of the M—O bands witn complexed cation were discussed in terms of crystal field stabilization energy (CFSE).
KeywordsAcac Acetylacetonate Chloroform Solution Infrared Absorption Spectrum Ionic Character
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Tandon, S. P. and Mehta P. C.,Z. Naturforsh. 25 B 139 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.Abdel Kerim, F. M., Private Communication, NRC (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.Dwcius, J. C., Malon, O. G. and Thomson, H. W.,Proc. R. Soc. A 275 295 (1963).Google Scholar
- 12.Yatsimirskii, K. B.,Helv. Chim. Acta, Carner, 1166 (1967).Google Scholar
- 15.Naget, L. J.,J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem. 32 3483 (1970).Google Scholar