Investigation of the electronic absorption spectra of some pyridine derivatives iodine complexes
- 27 Downloads
The electronic absorption spectra of some pyridine derivativesiodine complexes are measured and discussed. The thermodynamic constants of these complexes are calculated. It is confirmed that the stability of the complex depends on the type as well as the position of the substituent on pyridine nucleus. A linear relationship is obtained between the enthalpies — ΔH and the shift of the blue iodine band Δv of the complexes. It is also found that as the Pi electron density on the nitrogen atom increases, the stability of the complex also increases.
KeywordsIodine Pyridine Electronic Absorption Spectrum Pyridine Derivative Methyl Pyridine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kortum, G. and Wilski, H. Z.Physik. Chem. 202 35 (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.Reid, C. and Mulliken, R. S.,J. Am. Chem. Soc. 76 3669 (1954).Google Scholar
- 10.Peeifer, P.,Organische Moleculverbindungen 2nd ed, F. Enke, Stuttgart, Germany (1927)Google Scholar
- 12.Perkampus, H. H. and Kruger, U., Ber Bunsenges.J. Phys. Chem. 71 447 (1967).Google Scholar
- 15.Bhaskar, K. R. and Singh, S.,Spectrochim. Acta 23 A 1155 (1967).Google Scholar