Flow of viscous stratified fluid of variable viscosity past a porous bed
- 18 Downloads
To study the effects of stratification and slip velocity on the flow of fluid of variable viscosity over a permeable bed, we divide the flow into two zones called zone 1 and zone 2. Zone 1 pertains to the flow called the free flow governed by the Navier-Stokes equations in the region between the impermeable upper plate and the porous bed.. Zone 2 pertains to the flow in the bed governed by the modified Darcy Law. Using the slip velocity boundary condition, velocity distributions in zones 1 and 2 are obtained and are matched at the interface. The boundary layer thickness just beneath the permeable interface and the friction factor are also obtained.
KeywordsMass Flow Rate Friction Factor Boundary Layer Thickness Slip Velocity Slip Boundary Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Beavers, G. S., Sparrow, E. M. and Magnuson, R. A.,Trans. ASME, J. Basic Eng. 92 843 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.Prabhamani Patil, R. and Rudraiah, N.,Trans. ASME, J. Appl. Mech. 95 879 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.Rajasekhara, B. M., Rudraiah, N. and Ramaiah, B. K.,J. Math and Physi. Sci. I.I.T. Madras,9 (1) 45 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.Rajasekhara, B. M., Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Bangalore University, Bangalore (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.Veerabhadraiah, R. and Rudraiah, N.,Vignana Bharathi, Bangalore University,1 (1) 52 (1975).Google Scholar