Search for physiologically active compounds
- 15 Downloads
7-Hydroxy-3-methyl 4-phenylcoumarin andα-methyl dihydrofurano,α andγ-pyrono ring systems have been built on 7, 8-position of 4-phenylcoumarin. The bacteriostatic activity of these compounds as well as that of mammeisin and mesuol isolated fromMesua ferrea seeds has been evaluated. Structure-activity relationship among these compounds is discussed.
KeywordsCoumarin Dilute Hydrochloric Acid Hexamine Allyl Bromide Hydrobromic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Subramanyam Raju, M. and Subba Rao, N. V.Indian J. Chem., 1969,7, 1278.Google Scholar
- 2.Datta, P., Deb, N. and Bose, P. K.Indian Chem. Soc., 1940,17, 277.Google Scholar
- 3.Chakraborthy, D. P. and Bose, P.K.Proc. Natl. Inst Sci., 1960,26 A (Suppl.), 1.Google Scholar
- 5.Adams, R., Roman, M. and Sperry, E.J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 1921,44, 178.Google Scholar
- 6.Krishnaswamy, B. and Seshadri, T. R.Proc. Indian Acad. Sci., 1941,13 A, 143.Google Scholar
- 8.Pechmann, H. and Hancke, E.Ber., 1901,34, 356.Google Scholar
- 9.—...Ibid., 1918,51, 821.Google Scholar