Role of grommet in otitis media with effusion: A necessity or nuisance? A comparative study
Otitis media with effusion is one of the commonest otological problems in paediatric age group. The condition occurs in childhood as overt or covert hearing loss presenting as an educational or behavioural problem. As there is widespread controversy regarding its precise aetiology, natural history and pathogenesis a treatment dilemma still persists. The main goal of this study is to compare the efficacy of different modalities of medical and surgical treatment designed for this condition and analysis of the results statistical.
Key wordsGrommet Otitis media
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bonder, E. E., Browning, G. G., Chalmers, T. F andChalmers, C. T (1991):Canmetaanalysis help uncertainity in surgery for otitis media in children the JLO: Vol.105: p812 to 819.Google Scholar
- 2.Bonding R Tos.M (1985):Grommet versus paracentesis in secretory otitis media;a prospective controlled study.Am. J. Otolaryngol. Vol.6 (6). p455 to 460.Google Scholar
- 4.Katz.S., Schemtzer.B, than Rompaey (1995):Surgical management of chronic otitis media with effusion.Acta Otorhilaryngol Belg. 49 (1).69 to 73.Google Scholar
- 5.Leunig A., Mees (1995): Middle ear ventilation with otovent system. Laryngo rhinootologie.Google Scholar
- 6.Marshak, G., Ben — Neriah (1980):Adenoidectomy versus tympanostomy in chronic secretory otitis media.Annal Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 89 (Suppl. 68).316 to 318.Google Scholar
- 7.Maw . R. A. andHerod.F (1980):Otoscopic, Impedance and audiometric finding in glue ear treated by adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy. A prospective randomized study.Lancet. June 21. Vol.1. p1399 to 1402.Google Scholar
- 8.Teele.D. W, Klein.J. O andRosner.B. A. (1980):Epidemiology of otitis media in children.Annal Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 89.5 to 6.Google Scholar
- 9.Tos.M., Stangerup.S. E. (1989):Hearing loss in tympanosclerosis caused by grommets.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surgery. Vol.115. p931 to 935.Google Scholar
- 10.Zielhuis.G. A., Rach.G. H., Brook.P. V, (1989):Screening for otitis media with effusion in preschool children.Lancet. Vol.16. p311 to 314.Google Scholar