Preliminary studies on certain changes in the Plankton and hydrological conditions associated with the swarming ofNoctiluca
- 10 Downloads
KeywordsHydrological Condition Plankton Community Ecological Succession High Silica Content Silicate Content
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Galtsoff, P. S. “Red tide: Progress report on the investigation of the cause of the mortality of fish along the west coast of Florida conducted by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and co-operating organizations,”U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Special Scientific Rept., 1948, No. 46, 1–44.Google Scholar
- Harvey, H. W.Biological Chemistry and Physics of Sea Water, Cambridge Uni. Press, 1928, 1–194.Google Scholar
- Jayaraman, R. “Observations on the chemistry of the waters of the Bay of Bengal off Madras City during 1948–49,”Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1951,33, Sec. B: 92–99.Google Scholar
- Johnstone, J., Scott, A. and Chadwirk, H. C.The Marine Plankton (A handbook for students and amateur workers). The University Press, Liverpool, 1924, 1–194.Google Scholar
- Ketchum, B. H. and Jeen Keen “Unusual phosphorus concentration in the Florida ‘Red tide’ sea water,”J. Mar. Res., 1948,7, 17–21.Google Scholar
- Lucas, C. E. “Some aspects of integration in plankton communities,”Joun. Cons. Per. Int. l’Expl. de la Mer, 1938,13, 309–22.Google Scholar
- Prasad, R. R. “Swarming ofNoctiluca in the Palk Bay and its effect on the ‘choodai’fishery, with a note on the possible use ofNoctiluca as an indicator species,”Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1953,38, Sec. B: 40–47.Google Scholar
- —, Bapat, S. V. and Tampi, P. R. S. “Observations on the distribution of plankton at six inshore stations in the Gulf of Manaar,”J. Zool. Soc, India, 1952,4, 141–151.Google Scholar
- Sewell, R. B. S. “Geographic and oceanographic research in Indian waters— Pt. V. Temperature and salinity of the surface waters of the Bay of Bengal and Andaman Sea, with references to the Laccadive Sea,”Mem. Asiatic Soc, Bengal, 1929,9, 207–356.Google Scholar
- Sproston, N. G. “A preliminary survey of the plankton of the Chu-San region, with a review of the relevant literature,”Sinensia, 1949,20, 58–161.Google Scholar
© Indian Academy of Sciences 1954