Thorax (th)—an autosomal gene in Drosophila pseudo-obscura
- 11 Downloads
A complete description of the new autosomal gene in Drosophila pseudoobscura-thorax (th) that partly overlaps wild type and affects the thorax, and its appendages, along with its linkage data is given. It is shown to be located on the third chromosome-22·4 units to the right of orange (or).
KeywordsPair Mating Autosomal Gene Wing Base Anterior Wing Manifold Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Altenburgh, E., and Müller, H. J. “The genetic basis of truncate wing, an inconstant and modifiable character in Drosophila,” Genetics, 1920, 5, 1–59.Google Scholar
- Dobzhansky, Th. “Studies on the manifold effect of certain genes in D. melano-gaster,” Z. i. A.V., 1930, 54, 427–45.Google Scholar
- Morgan, T. H., et al. “Genetics of Drosophila,” Biblio. genetica, 1925, 2.Google Scholar
- Prabhu, S.S. “Filament (F) an egg mutant in Drosophila,” Thesis, 1939.Google Scholar
- Saveliev “On the manifold effect of the gene vestigial in D. melano-gaster,” Travaux. Soc. Natur. Leningrad, 1928, 63, 65–88.Google Scholar
- Snodgrass, R. E. Insect Morphology, McGraw-Hill publication, 1935, 1–667.Google Scholar