The life-history ofPuccinia Ruelliae (B & Br) onRuellia Prostrata poir
- 13 Downloads
The life-history ofPuccinia ruelliœ onRuellia prostrata was studied by inoculation experiments. It is a macro-cyclic and autcecious rust, all the stages being formed on the same host in one and the same season. The succession of the different spore forms and their method of development were closely studied. Advantage was taken of the occurrence of all the spore forms to follow the sequence in the development of the different stages by inoculation experiments.
KeywordsGerm Tube Lower Leave Spore Form Inoculation Experiment Epidermal Cell Wall
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arthur, J. C.Jour. Myc, 1906,12, 18–27.Google Scholar
- 2.Manual of Rusts in United States and Canada, Purdue Research Foundation—Indiana, 1934, 336.Google Scholar
- 3.Butler, E. J., & Bisby, G. R.Sci. Mon. No.1, 1931,Imp. Coun. Agri. Res., New Delhi.Google Scholar
- 4.Craigie, J. H.Phytopath., 1931,21, 1001–1040.Google Scholar
- 5.Kellerman, W. A.Jour. Myc, 1903,9, 107–09.Google Scholar
- 6.Maneval, W. E.Phytopath., 1922,12, 477–78.Google Scholar
- 7.Sydow, P. et H.Monographia Uredinearum, 1904, Leipzig, 233–36.Google Scholar