Cytogenetical studies inDatura
Two species of a localDatura were crossed and the hybrid compared with the parents.
The somatic chromosome complements of the parents were analysed and compared with that of the hybrid.
Meiosis in the parents and the hybrid is also described. Chromosomal pairing in the hybrid is discussed as throwing light upon the relationship between the parents.
KeywordsChromosome Number Chromosomal Pairing Cytogenetical Study Introduction Plant Hybrid Origin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Babcock, E. B., and Emsweller, S. L. “Meiosis in certain interspecific hybrids inCrepis and its bearing on taxonomical relationship,”Univ. Calif, publ. Agri. Sci., 1936,6, 325.Google Scholar
- Blakeslee, A. F. “Variations inDatura due to changes in chromosome numbers,”Amer. Nat., 1922, 56.Google Scholar
- - and co-workers “Datura investigations,”Report of the Director of the Department of Genet, of Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1936, 36.Google Scholar
- Clausen, J. “Cytogenetic and taxonomic investigations inMelanium violets,”Heredit. Lund., 1931,15, 219.Google Scholar
- Goodspeed, T. H. “Nicotiana phylesis in the light of chromosome number, morphology and behaviour,”Univ. Calif. Publ. Bot., 1934,17, 369.Google Scholar
- Nandi, H. K. “Cytological investigations of the rice varieties,”Cytologia, 1921,8, 277.Google Scholar
- Navashin, M. “Chromosome alterations caused by hybridization and their bearing on certain genetical problems,” —, 1934,5, 169.Google Scholar
- Raghavan, T. S., and Srinivasan, A. R. “Cytogenetical studies inNicotiana. I. Cytology ofN. tabacum var. macrophylla,N. glutinosa and the F1 hybrid between them,”Jour. Ind. Bot. Soc., 1941a,20, 307.Google Scholar
- — “Cytogenetical studies inNicotiana. II. Morphological Features ofN. glutinosa and the hybrid betweenN. glutinosa andN, tabacum”Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1941,b,14, 35.Google Scholar
- — “Studies in the Rubiaceæ. II.Spermacoce hispida, Guettarda speciosa and some cyto-morphological considerations,” —, 1941c,14, 412.Google Scholar
- — “Cyto-morphological features ofPortulaca tuberosa Roxb.,” —, 1941d,14, 472.Google Scholar
- — and Venkatasubban, K. R. “Studies in the South Indian Chillies. I. A description of the varieties, chromosome numbers and the cytology of some X-rayed derivatives inCapsicum annum,” —, 1940,12, 29.Google Scholar
- — “Contribution to the cytology ofTridax procumbens,” —, 1941,13, 85.Google Scholar
- Satina, S., Blakeslee, A. F., and Avery, A. G. “Balanced and unbalanced haploids inDatura,”Jour, Here., 1937,27, 193.Google Scholar
- Webber, J. M. “Interspecific hybridization inGossypium and the meiotic behaviour of the F1 plants,”Jour. Agri. Res., 1935,51, 1047.Google Scholar