Magnetism and molecular structure of sulphur compounds
- 16 Downloads
Table VIII gives at a glance the experimental and the calculated values for the constitution of the sulphur compounds found according to the plan employed in this investigation. Wide differences between the calculated and the observed values are observed only in the case of compounds (c) and (f). This may be due either to the want of purity of the substances used or to their instability.
In the case of sulphur compounds also as in the case of Se and Te compounds, the magnetic method seems to be of great value in fixing the correct molecular constitution and the magnetic susceptibilities calculated by Slater’s and Angus’s method seem to be in better agreement with the experimental ones.
Further work on compounds of this group is in progress.
KeywordsMagnetic Susceptibility Tellurium Sulphur Compound Thionyl Chloride SOCl2
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mata Prasad and DharmattiCurr. Sci., 1940,9, 175. Mata Prasad and DharmattiProc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1940,12, 185. S. S. DharmattiIbid., Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1940,12, 211.Google Scholar
- 2.PascalCompt. rend., 1921,3, 45.Google Scholar
- 3.FarquharsonPhil. Mag., 1932,14, 1003.Google Scholar
- 4.Varadachari and SubramaniamProc. Ind. Acad. Sci. (A), 1936,3, 428.Google Scholar
- 5.NevgiJ. Univ. Bombay, 1938,7, 82.Google Scholar