Hyoid syndrome — A case report
- 27 Downloads
A symptom complex consisting of referred pain along the branches of external carotid artery and unilateral pricking sensation in the pharynx without any organic lesion is known as hyoid syndrome. A rare case of hyoid syndrome due to chondroma of hyoid bone is presented.
KeywordsPleomorphic Adenoma Hyoid Bone Facial Pain Styloid Process Symptom Complex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bhide, A. R. and Dehadray, A. Y. (1980): Excision of the greater cornu of the hyoid in hyoid syndrome. A Uris, Nasus, Larynx (Tokyo) 7, 1–6.Google Scholar
- 2.Bhide, A. (1985) : Hyoid syndrome — A review. IJLO, Vol. 37, No : 4.Google Scholar
- 3.Chandler, J. R. (1977) : Anatomical variations of the stylohyoid complex and their clinical significance, Laryngoscope : 87.Google Scholar
- 4.Eagle, W.W. (1962): The symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of elongated styloid process. Anals of Surgery, 28 : 15.Google Scholar
- 6.Kopstein E. (1975): Hyoid syndrome. Archives of the Otolaryngology, 101 : 484–485.Google Scholar
- 7.Leriche, R. and Fontaine R. (1959): Pain, neurophysiology Vol. 1, American Physiological Society, Washington P. 483.Google Scholar