Closure of nostrils in atrophic rhinitis
- 5 Downloads
A series of 50 cases of atrophic rhinitis in whom closure of one or both nostrils was done, is presented. The cases have been followed for a period of 3 1/2 years. The results are quite good. In 17 cases re-opening of the closed nostrils was done to find out the optimum time. It is better to re-open the closed nostril after a long period of closure e.g., more than years.
KeywordsNasal Mucosa Laryngitis Maxillary Sinusitis Stellate Ganglion Block Frontal Sinusitis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chugg, C.M. et al. Surgical treatment of atrophic rhinits with injectable Silicone, Arch. Otolaryng. 80: 106, 1964Google Scholar
- 3.Eisenstode, L.W. Surgical treatment of atrophic rhinitis, Arch Otolaryng. 40: 451, 1944.Google Scholar
- 5.Girgis, I. H. Surgical treatment of Ozaena by Dermofatgraft, J. laryng, 80: 6, 615. 1966.Google Scholar
- 6.Kameswaran, S. Surgical treatment of atrophic rhinits with OSSAR, Indian J. Otolaryng, 19: 130, 1967.Google Scholar
- 7.Miles Foxen. E.H. Diseases of the ear, nose and throat, ed: Scott Brown,. Ballantyne J. and Groves J. 3rd edition volume 3 London, Butter worths, 1971 page 126:Google Scholar
- 8.Neil. J.F. Unilateral atrophic rhinitis J. laryng. 81: 551; 1967.Google Scholar
- 9.Proud, G.O. Acrylic resin implant for atrophic rhinits, Laryngoscope 57: 256, 1947.Google Scholar
- 10.Sardana D. S. et al: Acrylic resin implants in atrophic rhinitis Indian. J. Otolaryng 19: 267, 1967.Google Scholar
- 11.Sirala, U. A operative method in the treatment of Ozaena, Arch, Otolaryng 72:2, 188. 1960.Google Scholar
- 12.Taylor, M. & Young A. Histopathological and Histochemical Studies in Atrophic Rhinitis, J. Laryng. 75: 574,. 196..Google Scholar