Elongated styloid process
- 12 Downloads
A case of an elongated styloid process is reported. It is a rare condition and is liable to be overlooked. Shortening of process can be done through the bed of tonsillar fossa. A review of literature is given.
KeywordsStyloid Process Tonsillar Fossa Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia Elongate Styloid Process Throat Symptom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Eagle, W.W.: Elongated Styloid Process, Report of Two cases, Arch Otolaryng. 25: 584, 1937.Google Scholar
- 2.Eagle, W.W.: Elongated Styloid Process, Arch Otolaryng. 47: 630, 1948.Google Scholar
- 3.Fritz, M: Elongated Styloid Process, A cause of obscure Throat Symptoms, Arch Otolaryng. 31: 911, 1940.Google Scholar
- 4.Loeser, L. H. and Cardwell, E.P.: Elongated Styloid Process, A cause of Glossopbaryngeal Neuralgia, Arch Neuralgia, Arch Otolaryng. 36: 198, 1942.Google Scholar
- 6.Hollinshed, W.H.: Anatomy for Surgeons, Vol. I, Harper and Row, New York. P. 410, 1966.Google Scholar
- 7.Wilson, C.P.: Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia treated by transtonsillar section of the nerve, proceeding Royal Society of Medicine. 40: 1947.Google Scholar
- 8.Douglas, Thomas E.: Facial pain from elongated styloid process, Arch Otolaryng. 56: 635, 1952.Google Scholar