Electronic space-charge neutralisation in a thermionic converter
- 23 Downloads
The V-I characteristics and the space distribution of electron densityn e , temperature T e , ion densityn i , etc., have been studied in a thermionic converter using (i) d.c. excitation, (ii) r.f. excitation, for the auxiliary discharge in blue Argon. The latter has been found to give higher yields. Higher yields have also been obtained when the r.f. signal was allowed to leak into the interaction space of the device. It has been shown that Ramsauer scattering accounts for a major part of the resistivity of the device.
KeywordsLangmuir Probe Thermionic Converter Nickel Wire Auxiliary Discharge High Temperature Emitter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hernquist, K. G., Kanefsky, M. and Norman, F. H.R.C.A. Review, 1958,19, 244.Google Scholar
- 6.Francis, G...Ionisation Phenomena in Gases, Butterworth, London, 1960, p. 187.Google Scholar
- 7.Burrows, K. M...Australian J. Phys., 1962,15, 162.Google Scholar
- 8.Wright, J. K. ..Shock Tubes, Methuen Monograph, 1961, p. 134.Google Scholar
- 9.Brown, S. C...Basic Data of Plasma Physics, Technology Press, U.S.A. 1959, p. 7.Google Scholar