Generalized singular points with applications to flow problems
- 12 Downloads
Generalized singular points are used to discuss irrotational and viscous flows produced in an infinite liquid by a moving solid. It is found that the irrotational motion of translation is the same as that due to a generalized doublet and that of rotation the same as that due to a “rotation singular point”. The corresponding viscous problems are solved by superposing on the irrotational motion a solution due to a concentrated force or a couple.
KeywordsSingular Point Circular Cylinder Closed Surface Concentrate Force Elliptic Cylinder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Goursat, E. ..Mathematical Analysis,2, Part 1, 55.Google Scholar
- 2.Routh, E. J. ..Statics,2, 114.Google Scholar
- 3.----- ..Ibid., 118.Google Scholar
- 4.Sharma, P. N...Proc. Benaras Math. Soc., 1942,4, 32–38.Google Scholar
- 5.Love, A. E. H. ..Math. Theory of Elasticity, Fourth ed. 1927, pp. 183–84.Google Scholar
- 7.Lamb, H. ..Hydrodynamics, Fifth ed., 1930, p. 572.Google Scholar