Polarographic reduction of nitrophenols and nitroanilines in aqueous tetrahydrofuran
- 19 Downloads
The reduction of nitrophenols and nitroanilines at dme has been investigated in tetrahydrofuran-aqueous buffer mixtures under varying conditions. These compounds undergo reduction through various stages and the number of waves, their half-wave potentials and relative heights have been found to be a function of composition of the solvent, pH of the aqueous buffer used, and nature and position of the substituent in the depolarizer molecule. The ease of reduction is found to be in the order:
KeywordsNitrobenzene Nitro Compound Aqueous Buffer Nitroanilines Lauryl Ether
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Badoz-Lambling, J. and Sato, M.,Acta Chim. Acad. Sci. Hung. 32 191 (1962);C. R 1 Acad. Sci. 254 3354 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.Peover, M. E.,Proc. Chem. Soc. 167 (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.Hake, J.,Chem. Listy 61 536 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.Mann, C. K., inElectroanalytical Chemistry, Vol. III, ed., Bard, A. J., Marcel Dekker, New York, p. 97 (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.Kolthoff, I. M. and Lingane, J. J.,Polarography, Vol. I, Interscience Publishers, Inc., New York (1952).Google Scholar
- 12.Jayadevappa, E. S.,Indian J. Chem. 7 1146 (1969).Google Scholar
© Indian Academy of Sciences 1976