- 16 Downloads
The condensation of 4-ethyl-2-acetylresorcinol with α-methyl, α-ethyl, α-propyl, α-butyl and α-allylaceto-acetic esters as well as benzoylacetic ester has shown that this ketone is much reactive as contrasted with resacetophenone, thus showing that the Pechmann Reaction is not hindered by negative groups in the γ-position of the resorcinol molecule. The constitution of each coumarin was established by its rational synthesis from 4-ethylresorcinol, acetylating the resulting coumarin, and subjecting it to the Fries migration.
KeywordsCoumarin Colourless Needle Acetyl Derivative Anhydrous Aluminium Chloride Alcoholic Ferric Chloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Desai and HamidProc. Ind. Acad. Sci. (A), 1937,6, 185. Desai and EkhlasIbid., Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci. (A), 1938,8, 571.Google Scholar
- 2.Limaye and ShenolikarRasayanam, 1937,1, 99.Google Scholar
- 3.Desai and EkhlasProc. Ind. Acad. Sci. (A), 1938,8, 196.Google Scholar
- 4.— and (Miss) VakilIbid.,, 1940,12, 357.Google Scholar
- 5.Limaye and LimayeRasayanam, 1941,1, 201.Google Scholar