Solutions of MHD boundary layer equations with transverse magnetic field and arbitrary pressure gradient
- 31 Downloads
Certain solutions of Magnetohydrodynamic boundary layer equations for a flat plate with a transverse magnetic field fixed relative to the fluid have been obtained using a power-series method given by Hassan. This power series solution has all the desirable qualities of Görtler series and, in addition, its zeroth order term which is governed by a non-linear total differential equation can be given in closed form. The first order term governed by a linear total differential equation has been integrated numerically. The results are tabulated for various values of S, the interaction parameter. The results show a decrease in the boundary layer thickness with a consequent increase in skin friction as the strength of magnetic field is increased.
KeywordsBoundary Layer Skin Friction Boundary Layer Thickness Free Stream Velocity Transverse Magnetic Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vernon J. Rossow .. “On flow of electrical conducting fluids over a flat plate in the presence of a transverse magnetic field,”NACA, TN 3971, 1957.Google Scholar
- 3.Ramamoorthy, P., Narayana, C. L. and Bose, T. K. “Magneto fluid dynamic heat transfer,”N.A.L.., TN-6, May 1967.Google Scholar
- 5.Willis, H. ..Braun NASA, TN D-1703, May 1963.Google Scholar
- 6.Hassan, H. A. ..J. Aero. Sci., 1959, p. 189.Google Scholar
- 7.Schlichting ..Boundary Layer Theory, Pergamon Press, 1955, p. 95.Google Scholar