Spectrophotometric determination of zirconium and other colour reactions by galangin
- 24 Downloads
The spectrophotometric determination of zirconium is described, based on the formation of a yellow coloured complex between zirconium and galangin. Maximum absorption by the reaction product only at one specific wavelength (410 mµ) in the acidity range of 0·5 N-HCl to pH 4·5, suggests the formation of only one complex. The complex, not extractable by usual organic solvents, has been studied in 40% alcoholic medium. It obeys Beer’s law from 1 to 6 p.p.m. of metal ion concentration and contains the two components in the molar ratio of 1:1. The effect of the reagent on other ions has been qualitatively studied. Also, the effect of foreign ions on the complex has been investigated.
KeywordsZirconium Flavone Colour Reaction Spectrophotometric Determination Galangin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.DeBoer, J. H...Rec. trav. Chim., 1925,44, 1071.Google Scholar
- 4.Guenther, R. and Gale, R. H.U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, 1950, KAPL-305.Google Scholar
- 7.Tananev, N. A. and Khovyakova, R. F.Zhur. Obsh. Khim., 1951,21, 808.Google Scholar
- 11.Katyal, M. and Singh, R. P.J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 1962,39, 585.Google Scholar
- 12.—————.. Ibid., 1963,40, 121.Google Scholar
- 13.Connick, R. E. and Reas, W. H.U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, 1949, AECD-2491.Google Scholar
- 14.Job, P...Ann. Chim., 1928,9, 113.Google Scholar