Characterization of microdefects in GaAs crystals with high-resolution X-ray diffractometry
- 36 Downloads
The aim of the present work was to correlate the electric characteristics of Te-doped gallium arsenide grown by LEC technique with the defect contents of the samples. Measurements for GaAs samples, doped with Si, Ge and Ge+Te as well as undoped ones, grown by various methods (HB, VGF and LEC), were also performed. In order to characterize the defects High Resolution X-Ray Diffractometry was used. Measurements of diffuse scattering intensity maps around the reciprocal lattice points and plane wave reflection topography were employed. For most cases in the range of free-electron concentrations between 1·1017 cm−3 and 6·1018 cm−3 (as well as for SI samples) the isointensity contours in the maps exhibit generally the same character. For higher doping level the intensity of X-ray diffuse scattering increases and it can be further increased by the annealing which causes a decrease of free-electron concentration. An analysis of the reciprocal-space maps is presented. Several types of defects should be considered in order to describe isointensity contours.
PACS61.10 X-ray diffraction and scattering
PACS61.72 Defects and impurities in crystals microstructure
PACS01.30. Cc Conference proceedings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Krivoglaz M. A. et al., Phys. Met. Metallogr.,7, (1959), 650;9 (1960) 641;10 (1960) 169;12 (1961) 465.Google Scholar
- Krivoglaz M. A.,Theory of X-Ray and Thermal and Neutron Scattering by Real Crystals (Plenum, New York) 1969.Google Scholar
- Krivoglaz M. A. andRyaboshapka K. P.,Phys. Metals. Metallogr.,16 (1963) 641. See also ref. .Google Scholar
- Krivoglaz M. A.,Diffrakciya rentgenovskikh lucey i neytronov v neidealnykh kristallakh, (Naukova Dumka, Kiev) 1983 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Krivoglaz M. A.,Diffuznoe rasseyaniye rentgenovskikh lucey na fluktuaciyonnykh neodnorostiyakh v neidealnykh kristallakh (Naukova Dumka, Kiev) 1984 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Belov A. Yu. andKaganer V. M.,Phys. Met.,9 (1990) 665.Google Scholar
- Holý V. inWorkshop “High Resolution X-Ray Characterization of Materials”, Aigen/Linz 28–30/9/1992 (Austria).Google Scholar
- Słupiński T., Zielińska-Rohozińska E. andHarasimowicz T.,Acta Phys. Polon. A,90 (1996) 1080.Google Scholar