Intramolecular and dissociation dynamics of triatomic molecules: Some results for HCN and CO2
- 19 Downloads
Intramolecular dynamics of two linear molecules HCN and CO2 are studied by computing trajectories, plotting Poincaré sections and calculating Lyapunov exponents. The process of dissociation is then studied by the same technique for HCN in the presence of a strong CO2 laser. Results of these preliminary calculations unequivocally show a threshold intensity for dissociation which is possible to verify experimentally.
KeywordsIntramolecular dynamics dissociation probability triatomic molecules Poincaré sections Lyapunov exponent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Benettin G, Galgani L and Strelcyn J M 1976Phys. Rev. A14 2338Google Scholar
- Botina J, Pichierri F and Rahman N 1993Chem. Phys. Lett. (to be published)Google Scholar
- Pichierri F 1992Effetti Dinamici sulle Proprietá Statistiche di Stati Vibrazionali Altamente Eccitati in Molecole Triatomiche, thesis, Università degli Studi di TriesteGoogle Scholar
- Terasaka T and Matsushita T 1985Phys. Rev. A32 538Google Scholar
- Wilson R B Jr, Decius J C and Cross P C 1955Molecular vibrations. The theory of infrared and Raman vibrational spectra (New York: McGraw-Hill)Google Scholar
- Wolf A, Swift J B, Swinney H L and Vastano J A 1985Physica D16 285Google Scholar