Emergence and stability of key currency in artificial international trade
- 50 Downloads
In this research, we tackled the emergence and stability of key currency when economic strength countries was equal. We propose an artificial international market model with currency credibility as the standard selected for payment. We constructed multiple markets based on the X-Economy System. Through simulations, we found the possibility that key currency could emerge in a symmetric situation, and market and the specialization of production could be stabilized by foreign exchange trade.
KeywordsKey Currency International Trade Multiple Market Model Agent-based Simulation Economic System Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).Izumi, K. and Ueda, K., “Emergent Phenomena in a Foreign Exchange Market: Analysis Based on an Artificial Market Approach,” inArtificial Life IV, MIT Press, pp. 398–402, 1998.Google Scholar
- 2).Kawamura, H., Ohuchi, A., and Kurumatani, K., “Development of X-Economy System for Simulation of Multi-Agent Economy,” inAgent-Based Approaches in Economic and Social Complex Systems, IOS Press, pp. 188–197, 2002.Google Scholar
- 3).Krugman, P. (ed.)Currency Crises, The University of Chicago Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4).Kurumatani, K. and Ohuchi, A., “World Trade League: A Computational Simulation Framework for Economic Systems,” inAgent-based Approaches in Economic and Social Complex Systems, IOS Press, pp. 179–187, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5).X-Economy Project official home page http://www.x-econ.orgGoogle Scholar
- 6).X-SS home page http://www.x-ss.orgGoogle Scholar
- 7).Steiglitz, K., Honig, M. L. and Cohen, L. M., “A Computational Market Model based on Individual Action,” inMarket-Based Control: A Paradigm for Distributed Resource Allocation, Chapter 1. World Scientific, 1996.Google Scholar