Towards people’s development?
Civic associations and development in South Africa
KeywordsPolitical Organisation Urban Forum Civic Activity Civic Organisation Security Action
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- African National Congress. 1992.Policy Guidelines, Johannesburg.Google Scholar
- Atkinson, D. 1988. How do we go from here to there? In C. Heymans and G. Totemeyer (eds), Government by the People: The Politics of Local Government in South Africa. Cape Town: Juta; Johannesburg: Wetton.Google Scholar
- Brown, L.D. and Korten, D. 1989. Understanding Voluntary Organsations: Guidelines for Donors. Washington: World Bank.Google Scholar
- Centre for Development Studies. 1990. Discussion Document: Report on the ANC Consultative Conference on Local Government. University of the Western Cape.Google Scholar
- Coovadia, C. 1991. The Role of the Civic Movement. In M. Swilling, R. Humphries and K. Shubane (eds),Apartheid City in Transition. Cape Town: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Cullinan, K. 1992. Sanco — a community watchdog.Reconstruct (June 1992) Supplement toWork in Progress.Google Scholar
- Friedman, S. 1991. An unlikely Utopia: State and civil society in South Africa.Politikon 19(1).Google Scholar
- Heymans, C. and White, R. 1991. Playing politics without the power: The state of black local government in the South Africa of the 1980/90s. Politikon 18(1).Google Scholar
- Nzimande, B. and Sikhosana, M. 1991. Civics are part of the National Democratic Revolution.Mayibuye (June).Google Scholar
- Paul, S. 1983.The Strategic Management of Development Programmes. Geneva: ILO.Google Scholar
- Swilling, M., Cobbet, W. and Hunter, R. 1991. Finance, Electricity Costs and the Rent Boycott. In M. Swilling, R. Humphries and K. Shubane (eds),Apartheid City in Transition. Cape Town: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Weekly Mail 5–11 June 1992.Google Scholar
© Springer SBM 1993