Spectrophotometric monitoring of the nucleus of the galaxy NGC 4151 at its light minimum in 1988
- 17 Downloads
Spectrophotometric monitoring of the nucleus of the galaxy NGC 4151 was carried out for 13 nights from 23 January to 10 June 1988 in the wavelength range 4000–7000 Å. A 0.5-m meniscus telescope, a slitless spectrograph, and the highly sensitive, digital television complex of the Crimean Astrophysical Observatory were used. The exposure time was 150–300 sec, while the time resolution, allowing for recording spectra of the comparison star, was about 30 min. The results show that the galaxy’s nucleus was in a deep minimum. On a time scale of days to months, the synthetic magnitudes Vsyn and the fluxes Fcon in the continuum had a similar time dependence; the amplitude of variability reached 15% in January-April, while a brightness increase of 30% was recorded on 13 and 14 May. The time variations of the fluxes in the first (Hβ + [O III] 4959 Å + 5007 Å) and second (Hα + [NII] 6548 Å + 6584 Å) blends were different.
KeywordsActive Galactic Nucleus Crimean Astrophysical Observatory Versus Band Seyfert Galaxy Rapid Variability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. M. Lyutyi, in:Active Nuclei and Cosmogony [in Russian], D. Ya. Martynov (ed.), Izd. Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow (1987), p. 89.Google Scholar
- 3.N. G. Bochkarev, in:Active Nuclei and Cosmogony [in Russian], D. Ya. Martynov (ed.), Izd. Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow (1987), p. 115.Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Prokof eva and L. M. Sharipova,Astrofizika,39, 101 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.A. N. Abramenko, V. A. Maier, V. V. Prokofeva, and L. M. Sharipova,Opt.-Mekh. Promst., No. 2, 10 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Prokofeva and L. M. Sharipova,Kinemat, Fiz. Nebesn. Tel, 13, No. 3, 82 (1997).Google Scholar
- 9.J. V. Barnes and D. S. Hayes,IRS Standard Star Manual, Kitt Peak Nat. Obs. (1984).Google Scholar
- 12.A. N. Abramenko, E. S. Aganov, V. F. Anisimov, N. D. Galinskii, V. V. Prokofeva, and S. M. Sinenok, in:Television Astronomy [in Russian], V. B. Nikonov (ed.), 2nd ed., Nauka, Moscow (1984), p. 150.Google Scholar
- 15.V. L. Oknyanskii (Oknyanskij), V. M. Lyutyi, and K. K. Chuvaev, in:Multiwavelength Continuum Emission of AGN, IAU Symp. No. 159, T. J.-L. Courvoisier and A. Blecha (eds.), Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht (1994), p. 401.Google Scholar