Robust color image hiding method in DCT domain
- 25 Downloads
This paper presents a robust color image hiding method based on YCbCr color system in discrete cosine transform (DCT) domain, which can hide a secret color image behind a public color cover image and is compatible with the international image compression standard of JPEG. To overcome the grave distortion problem in the restored secret image, this paper proposes a new embedding scheme consisting of reasonable partition of a pixel value and sign embedding. Moreover, based on human visual system (HVS) and fuzzy theory, this paper also presents a fuzzy classification method for DCT sub-blocks to realize the adaptive selection of embedding strength. The experimental results show that the maximum distortion error in pixel value for the extracted secret image is ± 1. And the color cover image can provide good quality after embedding large amount of data.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CHENG Wei-dong and LIU Hong-mei,Journal of Zhongshan University,40 (2001), 47. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- SUN Rui, SUN Hong, and Yao Tian-ren,Journal of Data Acquisition & Processing,17 (2002), 283. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHAO Hong-yi,Journal of Optoelectronics · Laser,14 (2003), 178. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LI Xia, TAN Yun-meng, and YAO Lu,Computer Engineering and Applications,29 (2003), 164. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHEN Jing-yuan and TAO Liang,Journal of Optoelectronics · Laser,16 (2005), 1363. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- C. I. Podilchuk and Wenjun Zeng,IEEE Journals on Selected Area in Communications: Special issue on Copyright and Privacy Protection,16 (1998), 525.Google Scholar