Photonics-to-electronics integration for optical interconnects in the early 21st century
- 115 Downloads
We discuss the technical rationale, challenges, and potential for achieving “optics-to-the chip” via the intimate integration of photonics components such as lasers, detectors, and modulators with VLSI electronics. We review the progress made towards commercializing this technology for high-density optical transceivers and switching products.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Huang,et al. The chip multithreading architecture and parallel optical interconnects,IEEE LEOS Summer Topical Meeting on Optical Interconnects, San Diego, 2004.Google Scholar
- K. W. Goossen,et al. Optoelectronics-in-VLSI in Wiley Encylcopedia of Electrical and Electronic Engineering,15(1999):380.Google Scholar
- L. Chirovsky, Heterogeneous Optoelectronics Integration,SPIE Critical Review, CR76 (2000).Google Scholar
- M. Salib, L. Liao, R. Jones, M. Morse, A. Liu, D. Samara-Rubio, D. Alduino, and M. Paniccia,Intel Technology Journal,8 (2004),2(May).Google Scholar
- I. Keslassy, S.-T. Chuang, K. Yu, D. A. B. Miller, M. Horowitz, O. Solgaard, and N. McKeown,Proc. ACM SIGCOMM 03, August 2003, Karlsruhe, Germany.Google Scholar