Taxonomic examination onPotamogeton alpinus Balbis (Potamogetonaceae) in Korea
- 79 Downloads
The distribution ofPotamogeton alpinus Balbis which is the aquatic vascular plants was confirmed in Korea. We report the taxon as an unrecorded species in Korea.P. alpinus previously known asP. dentatus is characterized by unbranched stems and sessile, but not amplexicaui leaves with entire margins and obtuse apices. It differs fromP. dentatus which has petiolated leaves with obtuse or round apex having mucronate tips.
KeywordsPotamogetonaceae Potamogeton alpinus P. dentatus unrecorded species
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Choi, H.-K. 1985. A Monograph of Vascular Hydrophytes in Korea. Ph.D. Dissertation, Seoul National University, 272 pp.Google Scholar
- Haynes, R.R. 1978. The Potamogetonaceae in the Southeastern United States.J. Arnold Arbor. 59: 170–191.Google Scholar
- Kadano, Y. 1996. Aquatic Plants of Japan. Bun-ichi Sogo Shuppan Co., Ltd., Tokyo, 178 pp.Google Scholar
- Kitamura, S., G. Murata, andT. koyama. 1986. Colored Illustrations of Herbaceous Plants of Japan, Mono-cotyledoneae. 48th ed. Hoikusa Publishing Co., Ltd., Osaka, 465 pp.Google Scholar
- Ogden, E.C. 1943. The broad-leaved species ofPotamogeton of North America North of Mexico.Rhodora 46: 57–105.Google Scholar
- Ohwi, J. 1984. Flora of Japan. Smithsonian Institute, Washington DC, 1066 pp.Google Scholar
- Preston, CD. 1995. Pondweeds of Great Britain and Ireland. BSBI Handbook No. 8. Botanical Society of the British Isles, London, 352 pp.Google Scholar