Evaluation of frictional characteristic for Zinc-coated steel sheet
- 100 Downloads
Draw bead simulator (DBS) tests were performed to investigate the friction behaviors of various zinc-coated steel sheets. The friction of the coated steel sheet was evaluated by the ratio of drawing force for the coated steel sheet, Tc, to that for the uncoated steel sheet, Ts. The drawing force ratio, Tc/Ts, was compared with the coefficient of friction measured from Nine’s DBS test. It is clear that the drawing force ratio can be used as a convenient parameter to evaluate the friction of a coated steel sheet compared to the coefficient of friction. Due to the simplicity of the test procedure, this evaluation method is a useful for assessing the stamping formability of the coated steel sheet with respect to the friction behavior and also to investigate the lubricity of the stamping lubricant.
Keywordsdraw bead test zinc-coated steel sheets drawing force ratio coefficient of friction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Hashimoto, T. Ohwue and M. Takita,Proc. 16th Biennial Cong. IDDRG (ed., Yngve Bergström), p. 153, Borlange (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.V. Rangarajan,PhD thesis, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.S. P. Keeler and T. E. Dwyer,SAE technical paper, No. 860433 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.Y. S. Kim, J. B. Nam and W. J. Choi,J. Korea Soc. Mech. Eng. 14-6, 1474 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.D. J. Meuleman, S. G. Denner and F. L. Cheng,SAE Technical Paper #840370 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Nakamura, M. Yoshida, A. Nishimoto and T. Ono,Proc. 16th Biennial Cong. IDDRG (ed., Yngve Bergström), p. 379, Borlange (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Kimoto, T. Sakane, T. Tsuda and Y. Hayashi,J. Japan Soc. Tech. Plasticity 30-347, 1639 (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.H. D. Nine,Mechanics of Sheet Metal Forming (eds., D. P. Koistinen and N. Wang), p. 179, Plenum Press, New York (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.Y S. Kim, J. E. Cho and K. C. Park,J. Korea Soc. Mech. Eng. 15-6, 1809 (1991).Google Scholar
- 11.T. Morishita and T. Horita,Proc. 16th Biennial Cong. IDDRG (ed., Yngve Bergström), p. 207, Borlange (1990).Google Scholar