Synthesis and superconductivity of Y2Ba1Cu1O5 and Pt added Nd1Ba2Cu3O7−y bulk superconductor
Nd1Ba2Cu3O7−y (Ndl23) bulk superconductor with Tc>77K was prepared by a melt process under 1 atm pure oxygen and reduced oxygen partial pressures. The addition of Y2Ba1Cu1O5 (Y211) particles suppressed the generation of microcracks during oxygenation in resulting in the dispersion of Y211 fine particles. The addition of a small amount of Pt resulted in the reduction of the size of Y211 particles. The oxygen partial pressure (Po2) of 0.01 atm was the optimum atmosphere for the synthesis of Ndl23 in which Y211 particles were dispersed finely and homogeneously. The addition of Y211 and Pt enhanced the flux pinning force in a melt-processed Ndl23 specimen because the presence of Y atoms in a melt phase suppressed, to some extent, the substitution of Nd on Ba site in an Ndl23 crystal prepared by a melt process.
KeywordsNd1Ba2Cu3O7−y melt process reduced oxygen partial pressures Y211 and Pt addition flux pinning force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. Morita, M. Murakami, K. Miyamoto, K. Sawano, and S. Matsuda,Physica C 162–164, 217 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Morita, S. Takabayashi, M. Tanaka, K. Kimura, K. Miyamoto, and K. Sawano,Adv. Supercond. III, Proc. Int. Symp. Supercond. (eds., K. Kajimura and H. Hayakawa), p. 733, ISTEC, Sendai, Japan (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Murakami, N. Sakai, H. Takaichi, and D. N. Matthews,Adv. Supercond. VI, Proc. Int. Symp. Supercond. (eds., T. Fujita and Y. Shiohara), p. 755, ISTEC, Hiroshima, Japan (1993).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Yoshida, N. Ogawa, I. Hirabayashi, and S. Tanaka,Physica C 185–189, 2400 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.N. Ogawa, and H. Yoshida,Adv. Supercond. IV, Proc. Int. Symp. Supercond. (eds., H. Hayakawa and N. Koshizuka), p. 455, ISTEC, Tokyo, Japan (1991).Google Scholar
- 11.S. Jin, S. W. Kamlott, T. H. Tiefel, T. T. Kodas, T. L. Ward, and D. M. Kroeger,Physica C 176, 203 (1994).Google Scholar
- 14.T. Saitoh, K. Kamata, K. Segawa, N. Sakai, S. I. Yoo, and M. Murakami,Presented at Int. Symp. Supercond. VII, Kitakyushu, Japan (1994).Google Scholar