Unified viscoplastic models for low cycle fatique behavior of Waspaloy
- 144 Downloads
The deformation behavior of Waspaloy during strain-controlled fatigue tests and creep tests is investigated based on the Chaboche viscoplastic model. Material parameters were determined using the least square fit to uniaxial strain-controlled low-cycle fatique and creep test results. A standard viscoplastic model using nonlinear kinematic and isotropic hardening rules gave a good description for the cyclic hardening or softening observed in symmetric low-cycle fatigue tests, but the application of the deformation model to asymmetric strain conditions resulted in a large overestimation of the mean-stress relaxation. Two modified models are presented as solutions for the overestimation of stress relaxation. A combined nonlinear and linear kinematic hardening rule (NLK+LK model) and a nonlinear kinematic hardening rule with a threshold (2-NLK-TH model) are proposed and their applications are discussed.
Keywordsunified viscoplastic model low-cycle fatigue NLK+LK model 2-NLK-TH model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.D. N. Robinson, C. E. Pugh and J. M. Corum,ORNL Report 766027 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.R. D. Kawai and Y. Ohashi,Constitutive Laws for Engineering Materials: Theory and Applications (eds., C. S. Desai, E. Krempl, P. D. Kiousis and T. Kundu), Elsevier, New York (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.K. P. Walker,Final Report NASA CR-165533 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.J. L. Chaboche,Unified Constitutive Laws of Plastic Deformation (eds., Krauss & Krauss), Academic Press Inc. (1996).Google Scholar
- 10.J. L. Chaboche,Constitutive Laws for Engineering Materials: Theory and Applications (eds., C. S. Desai, E. Krempl, P. D. Kiousis and T. Kundu), Elsevier, New York (1987).Google Scholar
- 12.P. J. Amstrong and C. O. Frederick,C.E.G.B. Report RD/B/ N 731, Berkeley Nuclear Laboratories (1966).Google Scholar
- 13.I. W. Goodall, R. hales and D. J. Walters,IUTAM Symp. Leicester, Springer-Verlag (1980).Google Scholar
- 14.R. M. Goldhoff,Advances in Creep Design (eds., A. I. Smith and A. M. Nicolson), Applied Science Publishers Ltd., London (1971).Google Scholar
- 17.J. L. Chaboche,Rech. Aérosp. 4, 49 (1989).Google Scholar
- 18.J. L. Chaboche, D. Nouailhas, D. Pacou and P. Paulmier,European J. of Mechanics 10, 101 (1991).Google Scholar