Ion slip effect on the flow due to a rotating disk with heat transfer
- 87 Downloads
The steady hydromagnetic flow due to a rotating disk is studied with heat transfer considering the ion slip. The governing equations are solved numerically using finite differences. The results show that the inclusion of the ion slip has important effects on the velocity distribution as well as the heat transfer.
KeywordsRotating disk flow Hydromagnetic flow Heat transfer Numerical solution Finite differences
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ames, W. F., Numerical Methods in Partial Differential Equations, 2nd ed., Academic Press, New York, 1977.Google Scholar
- El-Mistikawy, T. M. A., Attia, H. A., 1990, “The Rotating Disk Flow in the Presence of Strong Magnetic Field,”Proc. 3rd Int. Congress of Fluid Mechanics, Cairo, Egypt, Vol. 3, pp. 1211–1222, Jan. 2–4.Google Scholar
- El-Mistikawy, T. M. A., Attia, H. A., Megahed, A. A., 1991, “The Rotating Disk Flow in the Presence of Weak Magnetic Field,”Proc. 4th Conference on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Cairo, Egypt, pp. 69–82, Nov. 5–7.Google Scholar
- von Karman, T., 1921, “Uber Laminare und Turbulente Reibung,” ZAMM, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 233–235.Google Scholar
- Sparrow, E. M., Gregg, J. L., 1960, “Mass Transfer, Flow, and Heat Transfer About a Rotating Disk,”ASME J. of Heat Transfer, pp. 294–302.Google Scholar
- Sutton, G. W., Sherman, A., 1965. Engineering Magnetohydrodynamics, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1965.Google Scholar