The geometry of markoff numbers
- 314 Downloads
KeywordsHyperbolic Plane Continue Fraction Expansion Fundamental Region Binary Quadratic Form Simple Closed Geodesic
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. B. Christoffel,Observatio Arithmetica, Annali di Mathe- matica, 2nd series, 6(1875), 148–152.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Cohn, Representation of Markoff’s binary quadratic forms by geodesics on a perforated torus.Ada Arithmetica XVIII(1971), 125–136.Google Scholar
- 4.L. E. Dickson, Studies in the theory of numbers. Chicago: 1930.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Haas, Diophantine approximation on hyperbolic Rie-mann surfaces,Bull. A.M.S. 12(1984), 359–362.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Lehner, M. Scheingorn, Simple closed geodesics on H+/r(3) arise from the Markoff spectrum, preprint.Google Scholar
- 9.C. Series, The modular surface and continued fractions. J. London Math. Soc. (1984).Google Scholar
- 10.A. L. Schmidt, Minimum of quadratic forms with respect to Fuchsian groups I.J. Reine Angew. Math. 286/7 (1976), 341–368.Google Scholar
- 11.H. J. S. Smith, Note on continued fractions.Messenger of Mathematics, 2nd series, 6(1876), 1–14.Google Scholar
- 12.E. C. Zeeman, An algorithm for Eudoxan and anthi- phairetic ratios, preprint.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1985