Temporal studies of land use/land cover in varaha river basin, andhra pradesh, india
- 142 Downloads
Land use/land cover investigation have been carried out in Varaha river basia (VRB) using remote sensing data of 1986 and 1992 and the changes in land use/land cover during the period are estimated Visual interpretation techniques have been followed to delineate various land use/laad cover categories It is inferred that the land use/land cover pattern of the area is controlled by local topography, climate and resourees, The tesults revealed significant changes in the area of built-up land irrigated land, plantation degraded forest and upland over a period of six years.
KeywordsRemote Sensing Irrigate Area Areal Extent Rural Settlement Irrigate Land
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gautam N C (1978). Urban land use studies through aerial photo interpretation techniques, Pink Publishing House, Mathura.Google Scholar
- Gautam N C and Narayan L R A (1983). “Landsat MSS data for Land use/land cover inventory and mapping: A case study of Andhra Pradesh”, J. Indian Soc. Remote Sensing, 11(3): 15–28.Google Scholar
- Krishna Murthy Y V N, Srinivasan D S, Balasubrahmanian R, Karale R L, Mahalanobis J K, Roy D K and Adak N K (1992). Land use/land cover mapping of Ranganadi Catchment, Arunachal Pradesh. Natural Resources Management — A new perspective (Ed. R.L. Karale) NNRMS Publication, Department of Space, Govt. of India, Bangalore. pp. 342–345.Google Scholar
- Khan M Q I, Rao D P, Venkataratnam L and Rao B R M (1994). Land evaluation for Micro-Watershed development by remote sensing. Proc. Int. Symp. Remote Sensing and GIS for Environmental Planning, held at JNTU, Hydrabad from Dec. 2-6, 1994, pp. 268–272.Google Scholar
- Nageswara Rao K and Vaidyanathan R (1981). Land use capability studies from aerial photo interpretation — A case study from Krishna Delta, India. Geog. Rev. of India, 43(3).Google Scholar
- Prudhvi Raju and Vaidyanathan R (1982). Geomorphic studies in Sarada River Basin, Visakhapatnam District, Andhra Pradesh, India. Ph.D Thesis, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.Google Scholar
- Raghavaswamy V (1982). Role of satellite remote sensing inland system mapping, land resources inventory and land use planning — A sample study of Kumang River basin, Arunachal Pradesh, J. Indian Soc. Remote Sensing, 10(3):31–39.Google Scholar
- Srivastava R N, Narayana L R A (1974). An attempt towards mapping of land use of Dehra Dun city using aerial photo interpretation techniques. J. Indian Soc. Remote Sensing, 2(1): 19–27.Google Scholar