Histological recognition spectrums of 4 monoclonal antibodies against cytokeratins
- 10 Downloads
The histological specificities of 4 monoclonal antibodies against cytokeratins (HK2, HK5, K174 and K27) were investigated in various kinds of human and rat tissues with ABC immunohistochemical technique. K174 was shown to have the same recognition spectrum with a polyclonal antibody (RAK1) to epidermal keratin. HK2 and HK5 were similar except the difference in reaction with stratified squamous epithelium. K27 could only label the suprabasal layers of the squamous epithelium, and could be used as a marker of cornified or cornifying epithelium. This study provided a sound basis for the use of this group of antibodies in the subtyping of different epithelial tissues and the tumors originating from them.
Key wordsCytokeratin Monoclonal antibody Immunohistochemistry Epithelium Human Rat
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1990; 240–249.Google Scholar
- 6.Batifora H. The multitumor (sausage) tissue block; novel method for immunohistochemical testing. Lab Invest 1986; 55(2):244.Google Scholar
- 8.1987; 8(3):152.Google Scholar
- 9.1988; 19(2):177.Google Scholar
- 10.1988; 34(3):214.Google Scholar
- 11.1988; 34(4):344.Google Scholar