The flaneur, the street photographer and ethnographic practice
The Marshall Sklare Award
- 260 Downloads
KeywordsNineteenth Century City Street Jewish Study Folk Theater Artistic Practice
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Benjamin, Walter.The Arcades Project. Harvard University Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- Foster, Hal, “The Artist as Ethnographer?” in Marcus, G., and F. Myers, eds.The Traffic in Culture: Refiguring Art in Anthropology, University of California Press, 1995Google Scholar
- Goldstein, Judith, “Realism Without a Human Face,” in Cohen, M., and C. Prendergast, eds.Spectacles of Realism, University of Minnesota Press, 1995Google Scholar
- Kozloff, Max, “Jewish Sensibility and the Photography of New York,” in M. Kozloff, ed.New York, Capital of Photography, The Jewish Museum, New York: 2002Google Scholar
- Lane, Anthony, “The Shutterbug,”The New Yorker, May 21, 2001Google Scholar
- Moore, Deborah Dash,” On City Streets,” paper presented at the annual Association for Jewish Studies conference, 2006Google Scholar
© Springer SBM B.V. 2008