Head & neck cancer in punjab region—A clinico pathological study
- 5 Downloads
A clinicopathological study of 150 cases of cancer Head and Neck region is presented. These cases constituted 35.29 percent of total body malignancy diagnosed during the corresponding period. Carcinoma laryngopharynx was the commonest form of malignancy followed by metastatic involvement of lymph nodes and carcinoma oropharynx. Carcinoma of nasopharynx was rare while it is the commonest type of malignancy in Manipur Suggesting marked geographical variations in the organ distribution of cancer. Sixty percent of cases were of squamous cell carcinoma.
KeywordsOral Cavity Basal Cell Carcinoma Neck Region Paranasal Sinus Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aikat, B.K. and Vashist, S. (1973).I.C.M.R. Seminar on Lymphoma— Leukemia at Lucknow.Google Scholar
- 3.Bhatia. P.L. and Jha, B.K. (1982).The Indian Journal of Cancer,19: 241.Google Scholar
- 5.Gangadharan, P. (1979).The Indian Journal of Cancer,16 (19): 1.Google Scholar
- 6.Jussawala, D.J. and Bhansali, S.K. (1969).The Indian Journal of Cancer.6:1.Google Scholar
- 7.Mehrotra, B.M.L. ; Wahal, K.M. ; Kushwaha, M.R.S. et. al. (1977).The Indian Journal of Cancer,14: 249.Google Scholar
- 8.Norris, D.G. ; Burfest, E.O. Jr. ; Cooper, H.A. et. al. (1975).Cancer.36: 210.Google Scholar
- 10.Paymaster, J.C. (1959).The Memorial Hospital Report in 1941–1957.Google Scholar
- 11.Reddy, C.R.R.M. ; Pralad, D. and Ramulu, C. (1975).The Indian Journal of Cancer,12(1): 72.Google Scholar
- 12.Sanyal, B. ; Subrahamanyam, K. ; Pant, G.C. and Samant, H.C. (1976). Malignant Tumour of the Larynx—A Review of 120 cases and Results of Treatment by Radiotherapy.Quarterly Journal of Surgical Sciences.12: 20.Google Scholar
- 13.Selzer, Golda, Kahn, B. Leonard and Albertyn, Lynda (177).Cancer. 40 (4) : 1501.Google Scholar