Affinity chromatography of frog epidermis dopa-oxidase
- 21 Downloads
Benzoic acid is a competitive inhibitor of the enzyme dopa-oxidase. p-Aminobenzoic acid was coupled by a single-step reaction of the amino group to: (1) CNBr-activated Sepharose 4B: (2) Enzacryl AA, by reaction with thiophosgene (pH 10.0); and (3) CM-Sephadex G-50, modified to azide by the Curtis procedure. These three solid supports were used as affinity adsorbents in the dopa-oxidase purification. The enzyme was obtained from frog epidermis, and was retained at pH 4.7 with 0.1 M acetate buffer. The enzyme elution was carried out using a linear pH gradient with 0.1 M phosphate buffer pH 8.0. We have examined the interaction of the enzyme with the immobilized PABA in relation to the nature of the support, the lengthening of the “arm” of the ligand, bathwise adsorption, and the enzyme activation by immobilized trypsin.
KeywordsAffinity Chromatography PABA Enzyme Form Elution Pattern Mushroom Tyrosinase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.O’Neill, S. P. et al. (1974) Nuova Chim. 50: 41–44.Google Scholar
- 5.Enzyme Nomenclature: Commission on Biochemical Nomenclature (1973) Elsevier, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- 6.Warton, C. (1970) Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 19: Colo wick, S. P., and Kaplan, N. O. (eds.), Academic Press, New York, p. 970.Google Scholar
- 7.Koch-Light Laboratories (1973) KL4, p. 476.Google Scholar
- 8.Cuatrecasas, P., andAnfinsen, C. B. (1971) Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 22, Colowick, S. P., and Kaplan, N. O. (eds.), Academic Press, New York, pp. 345–378.Google Scholar
- 9.Schwarzenbach, G., andFlaschka, H. (1969) In: Complexometric Titrations, Methuen and Co. Ltd., London, p. 173.Google Scholar
- 10.Lowry, O. H., Rosebrough, N. J., Farr, A. L., andRandall, R. J. (1951) J. Biol. Chem. 193: 265.Google Scholar
- 11.Barisas, B. G., andMcGuire, J. S. (1974) J. Biol. Chem. 249: 3151–3156.Google Scholar
- 12.Fling, M., Horowitz, N.H., andHeinemann, S. F. (1963) J. Biol. Chem. 238: 2015–2053.Google Scholar
- 14.Mikkelsen, R. B., andTriplett, E. L. (1975) J. Biol. Chem. 250: 638–643.Google Scholar
- 16.Lozano, J. A., Monsarrat, F., Galindo, J. D., andPedreno, E. (1975) Rev. Esp. Fisiol. 31:21–28.Google Scholar