Anterior skull base surgery— our experience
- 26 Downloads
Anterior skull base surgery is now an accepted treatment modality for many lesions involving the anterior skull base including the pituitory region. This paper deals with a fifteen year experience over various approaches to the anterior skull base, and thereby trying to rationalize the appropriate approach for the tumours in different anatomical situations. Relevant literature has also been reviewed.
Key wordsAnterior skull base Approach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Biller HF, Slotnick DB, Lawson W (1989): Superior rhinotomy for enbloc resection of bilateral ethmoid tumours. Archives of Otolaryngol Head and Neck Surgery. 115: 1463.Google Scholar
- 2.Dandy, WE (1941): Orbital tumours-results following the transcranial operative attack, Oskar Piest Publications, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- 3.Hazarika P, Murty PS, Pereira K, Divaker A, Mukul Chand, Raja A (1990): Combined craniofacial approach for fronto maxilloethmoidal lesions, Indian Journal of Otolaryngology. 42 (2): 47–49.Google Scholar
- 4.Hazarika P Murty PSN, Rajan R, “et al” (1986): Our experience with the management of malignant tumours of the maxilla Far Nose & Throat Journal. 65: 117–124.Google Scholar
- 5.Nuss DW, Janecka IP (1993) : Surgery of the anterior skull base, in Textbook of Otolaryngology Head and Keck Surgery, Cummings, Vol. 4, second edition, Mosby Year Book Inc. Second Edition, pp. 3300–3337.Google Scholar
- 7.Osguthorpe JD, Patel S (1995): Craniofacial approaches to sinus malignancy, Otolayngologic Clinics of North America. 28: No6 Dec. pp. 1239–1257.Google Scholar