Control effects and material parameters of piezoelectric smart moment controllers
- 34 Downloads
The control using piezoelectric smart moment (PSM) controllers for seismically excited structures was studied. The radical principle of PSM controller was introduced firstly and then the different formulae of control shear force for different structures were derived with the stiffness ratio of columns taken into consideration. With the active control algorithm based on the theory of modem optimal control, this study proposes a simulative computation on the frame structure and mill structure respectively, and the results indicate that the installation of this smart controller with proper parameters can significantly reduce seismic responses of different structures. The optimal parameters of the damper can be identified through a parameter study.
Key wordspiezoelectric smart moment controller smart moment controller frame structure mill structure earthquake response active control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W L Quel al. Wind-induced Control Design of High-rising Buildings. Wuhan: Publishing House of Wuhan Technical University of Surveying and Mapping, 1991Google Scholar
- 2.J W Wang, B Chen, W L Qu, Z H Chen. Fuzzy Control of Earthquake-Excited Mill Structure Using Semi-Active Friction Damper.Proceedings of the Seventh International Symposium on Structural Engineering for Young Exports, 2002: 438–443Google Scholar
- 4.Satoru Aizawa,et al. Case Studies of Smart Materials for Civil Structures.Smart Material Structure, 1998(7): 617–626Google Scholar
- 5.Sunakoda K,et al. Dynamic Characteristics of Magneto-rheological Fluid Damper.Proceedings of SPIE Smart Structure and Materials Conference, Newport Beach, California, 2000: 194–203Google Scholar
- 6.J W Wang, W L Qu, W H Wei. Theoretical Research on Piezoelectric Ceramic Actuator in Earthquake-induced Responses of Frame Structure.Journal of Wuhan University of Technology, 2000(4): 74–76Google Scholar