Application of gis, MASMAP in particular, in the study of urban areas — A case study of Rohini, West of Delhi
- 23 Downloads
The increasing awareness in computer aided technology for mapping and analysis is advancing in developing countries. There are many systems available in this field which links graphical data and attribute data using relational data base management system to meet the needs of various users. MASMAP/MIMER is one such system of fourth generation for rapid mapping and designing. Taking into account the MASMAP as a tool for the application in management of sewerage network, a case study of Rohini, located in west of Delhi, has been discussed in this paper.
KeywordsAerial Photograph Attribute Data Graphical Data Index Number Sewerage Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- AGGARWAL, G.C.: Land Information System. Technical Paper of International Workshop on Urban and Regional Planning Information Systems (IWURIS), School of planning and Architecture (SPA), Delhi, 1985.Google Scholar
- BURROUGH, P.A.: Principles of Geographical Information Systems, for Land Resources Assessment. Oxford Science Publication, 1987.Google Scholar
- CARTWRIGHT, T.J.: Information Systems for Planning in Developing Countries. Habitat International, vol. 11, nr. 1, 1987.Google Scholar
- DE BRUIJN, C.A.; RUOTSALAINEN, R.: MASMAP, a Mini Computer Base Mapping and Analysis System for Use with Small Format Air Photography. Technical Paper of IWURIS, SPA, Delhi, 1985.Google Scholar
- HABITAT NEWS (U.N.C.H.S.): U.N.C.H.S. activities, (mimeo) 1986.Google Scholar
- MASMAP USERS MANUAL. finnmap oy Helsinki, Finland, 1987.Google Scholar
- MITTAL, S.K.: A Computerised Urban Information System Using Small Format Aerial Photographs, case Study in Rohini, Northwest of Delhi, India. A Draft Report, ITC, Enschede, The Netherlands, 1988 (Unpublished).Google Scholar
- MISRA, P.: SOKHI, B.S.: MITTAL, S.K.: High Resolution Physical Information for Urban Planning-Application of Surveying and Aerial Remote sensing. Technical Paper of IWURIS, SPA, Delhi, 1985.Google Scholar
- RANGARAMU, B.N.: Urban Information System. In Urban Development Planning Strategies and Techniques. SPA, Delhi, 1985.Google Scholar
- RAO, C.S.: Land Information System for Developing Countries with Particular Reference to India. Proceedings of Workshop. Town and Country Planning Organization (T&CPO), Government of India, Delhi, 1986.Google Scholar
- REFERENCE MANUAL/USER GUIDE-MIMER/QL, Version 4.1. Technical Instructions on MASMAP and MIMER, ITC, The Netherlands, 1987.Google Scholar