A morphometric study of the sphenoidal sinus
Short Report/Personal Communication
- 16 Downloads
The comparative morphometric study of the sphenoidal sinus reveals lower values of the measurements, with significant deviation of the sphenoidal septum towards left side in Indian subjects.
KeywordsParanasal Sinus Sphenoidal Sinus Morphometric Study Indian Subject Pterygoid Process
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ballantyne, J. & Groves, J. (1979): Scott Brown’s disease of the ear, nose and throat. Vol. I, London, Butterworth & Co., 154.Google Scholar
- 3.Costen, J.B. (1930): Relief of right sided headache by resection of left sphenoid (anatomic variation of sphenoid sinus). Report of a case.Annals, of Otology. Rhino logy. & Laryngology. 39: 1074.Google Scholar
- 4.Dixon, F.W. (1937): A comparative study of the sphenoid sinus. A study of 1600 skulls.Annals, of Otology. Rhinology. & Laryngology.46: 687.Google Scholar
- 5.Dobromylsky, F. & Shcherbatov, I. (1966): Paranasal sinus & diseases of the orbit. 2nd. Ed. Moscow, Mir Publishers, 23.Google Scholar
- 6.English, G.M. (1976):Otolaryngology. A test book. Maryland, Harper & Row. 257.Google Scholar
- 7.Grant, J.C.B. & Basmajian, J.V. (1965): Grant’s method of Anatomy.Calcutta, Scientific Book Agency, 697.Google Scholar
- 8.Hollinshead, W.H. (1968): Anatomy for Surgeons. Vol. I., New York.Hoeber, 291–295.Google Scholar
- 9.Lee, K.J. (1977): Essential Otolaryngology.Singapore, Toppan Co., 211.Google Scholar
- 10.Negus, V. (1957): Functions of the paranasal sinuses.Archives of Otolaryngology 66: 430–442.Google Scholar
- 11.Romanes, G.J. (1978): Cunningham’s text book of Anatomy, 11th Edition, London.Oxford University Press., 139.Google Scholar
- 12.Turner, L.A. (1901): The Accessory sinuses of the nose. Quoted in Gray’s Anatomy 33rd Ed.London, Longman Green & Co. 366.Google Scholar
- 13.Van Alyea, O. E. (1941): sphenoid sinus: Anatomic study with consideration of the clinical significance of the structural characteristics of the sphenoid sinus Arch.Otolaryng 34: 225Google Scholar
- 14.Wilson, J. T. (1967): Anatomical considerations in transsphenoidal hypohy, sectomyArchives of Otolanyngology,86: 245–251.Google Scholar
© Association of Otolaryngologists of India 1984